Aromatherapy is a system of healing which involves the use of pure essential oils, these highly concentrated oils are distilled from various parts of plants and each have different therapeutic properties. Aromatherapy massage combines the physical and emotional effects of gentle massage with the psychotherapeutic properties of essential oils. It stimulates the body’s lymphatic and circulatory systems and improves the supply of nutrients to the body tissues and aids the elimination of toxins.
Benefits of Aromatherapy Massage
Physiological Benefits –
Aromatherapy massage can:
- Reduce muscular stiffness and improve joint mobility.
- Enhance lymphatic drainage – this helps to reduce fluid retention and prevent oedema.
- Induce a feeling of deep relaxation in the body.
- Help to restore balance in the body.
- Stimulate the body’s natural immune system.
- Some oils are warming, stimulating and reviving and can optimise healthy circulation.
- Increase the oxygen and nutrient supply to the tissues by increasing the blood circulation.
- Help to increase energy levels as blockages and congestion in the nerves are eased.
- Alleviate tension headaches.
Psychological Benefits – Aromatherapy massage can:
- Provide relief from stress, anxiety and nervous tension.
- Promote a general state of well-being.
- Calm and soothe the mind.
- Help to lift the mood and reduce feelings of depression.
- Certain essential oils can have a relaxing/ soothing/ comforting/ uplifting nature.
- Help combat insomnia.
My name is Cheymoon O’Reilly, I hold the VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy Massage. I am also trained and qualified in Pregnancy Massage which uses techniques and positions which ensure both the safety and comfort of the mother to be, and her unborn baby. Pregnancy and Aromatherapy Massage are my specialist areas.
I also offer Indian Head Massage and Holistic Facial Treatments and am qualified in both. I use The Tropic Pure Plant Skincare range for all of my Holistic facial treatments, as they are 100% natural and Plant based, vegan friendly and cruelty Free.
I am a member of The Guild of Holistic Therapists . I use only the highest grade, quality essential oils from Base Formula and Naturally Thinking. I also use a selection of high quality carrier oils, chosen specifically to suit the individual’s skin type. Each treatment is personalised suit the individual’s needs, a suitable and safe blend of oils is chosen after a confidential client consultation.
Arm and Hand Massage with Cheymoon O’Reilly
I currently work at Elaine’s Hair and Beauty salon, Station Rd., Llanrug, LL554AG. http://www.elaineshairandbeauty.co.uk/
Treatments in Acupuncture and Reflexology also available at the salon. Please visit www.snowdonianaturalhealth.com/ for more details.
Header Photo: ‘Late Evening sun over Llyn Padarn, Llanberis’.
photo by: http://www.flickr.com/photos/erwlas/
Creative Commons license. (some rights reserved).
Photos of Cheymoon O’Reilly taken by: Dee kelsall Greenhouse Therapies, VTCT Approved training centre. www.greenhousetherapies.co.uk